Q. How long can I borrow a book? Does the Library charge overdue fines?
Books (excluding Course Reserves) may be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed twice. Go to our Online Catalog to check if we have the book you need OR use our mobile Voyager interface on your phone!
Course reserves (books used for classes each semester) may be checked out for 3 hours. They do not leave the library. Click on the Course Reserves tab in the Online Catalog to find textbooks for your courses (Note: some professors may not require a textbook for their class).
Below is a list of our other loan periods:
- Theses may be checked out for a week (renew once)
- Bound journals may be checked out for 3 days
- Audiovisual materials (DVDs, CDs) may be checked out for 3 days
- Current journals (which includes health related popular magazines) may be checked out for 1 day.
- Permanent reserves may be checked out for 1 day or 3 days, depending on the item
Fines and Fees
We do not charge overdue fines except in cases where the item is extremely overdue.
For more information, please see our policy for Overdue, Damaged or Lost Materials.