Q. How do I renew my book online?
You can renew any SPH book by going to your library record in the online catalog.
Important Note: Interlibrary Loan books are not property of the SPH Library and thus cannot be renewed via our catalog. Our Interlibrary Loan specialist, Xuan Pang, can request a renewal from the lending library; we cannot guarantee that it will be granted. Xuan's contact number is 713-500-9130.
To view your record:
1. From the Library's homepage, click on Online Database.
2. Click the Renew Items tab.
3. Houston students: Enter your barcode number (which is located on the back of your ID, below
the barcode) and you last name.
Regional campuses students: Enter your A number and your last name.
4. Check the box(es) next to the items to be renewed.*
* If you attempt to renew the item after the due date, please call the
Library at 713-500-9121 for assistance.
5. Click Request Renewal.
6. Your record will show an updated status of "Renewed," along with a new due date for each item.